Skip to main content

1. The gems of /biz/


I recently stumbled upon a rather interesting forum for cryptocurrency "enthusiasts" called /biz/.


'Recently stumbled upon' might not be the right phrase because I have already heard about this forum many times before while browsing the CryptoCurrency Subreddit. Never really paid much attention it because many redditors were calling the board /biz/ cancerous and I have also heard many sketchy things about 4chan.

However, I still decided to check the board out because there are also stories of people "making it" with the help of /biz/ going around. And, was I in for a surprise. If the CryptoCurrency Subreddit is a Mormon kid, then /biz/ is a kid, who grew up in the slumps of Detroit.


Not only the people are very friendly, but they also give each other nice names like "retard" or "shithead".

But we will save that for later. After a few days of browsing and contributing to some posts, I started noticing something that later got me to start this blog.


Do you see it? Yup, /biz/ love shilling their coins, or should I call them "bags"? Well, maybe except for that Fantom post.

This gave me an idea, which is to invest in all the coins that get shilled on /biz/ (someone has also done this before over at Reddit, however it was with the top 100 coins, and that was in 2018).
Well, probably not all of them, there are some rules so that I won't lose all of my money since I am still a broke college student:

  • No buying coins that were just massively pumped. Like Matic a few weeks ago
  • No buying obvious scam like Bitconnect
  • No buying coins that have a MC over 100 million (this can change in the future)
  • Will sell if the coins dump like REQ
  • Will sell if the coins pump 30%+, this experiment is to see if we can still make money investing in shitcoins, not hold till x10 or x1000. 
                                                         

I will be buying bags that are worth $25 - $100, because there are a lot of coins being shilled and I don't have a lot of funds to invest.

For this month, the flavors are LTO, VIDT, QNT, BQQQ, RSR, COTI and maybe LINK (even though MC is high, but LINK seems to be the heartbeat of /biz/ so we can make an exception)




Sorry no LINK yet because I don't have enough funds.

This will be the portfolio for now, I will try to add more shitcoins once I get more funds, this might come from my part time job, profits from other coins or donations.

I want to keep this experiment alive for as long as I can because I think it will be interesting to see if we will be in the greens or not if we buy everything /biz/ shills.


I will update this once or twice a week to see how green or red we are.
Once I have more funds, I might add CryptoMoonShots and CryptoCurrency Subreddits to the shopping list.


Donations: You can donate if you want to help me cover some losses or invest in more shitcoins
Or you can donate me your shitcoins and I can add them to my portfolio to track them.
Thank you

ETH: 0xC4De24ED9Ce5720F618D3Deec09fEBeD320A765D
BTC (legacy): 1CFEkP3ooh3HjPKtcWnmQXxoWr4uqTfAx2
LTC (legacy): LQ6EEpzdQHy6scZSuqABWd1KwpbRfmESfi

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2. BTC crazy run, are we in the green?

As you guys all know, BTC has been on a crazy run recently, and we all know how altcoins do when the big daddy is having some fun. We started our shitcoins portfolio on June 20th with a total of $300 dollars. We were able to purchase 6 coins with around  $50 dollar worth for each (we will only compare in dollars here instead of in satoshi). -Here is a picture of when we started. -And here is a picture of today's prices. The differences are clear: LTO from $49.29 to $44.85: -9% VIDT from $0.23 to $0.31: +34.7% QNT from $5.94 to $7.41:  +24.7% BQQQ from $45.71 to $34.38: -24.7% RSR from $52.55 to $58.60:  +11.6% COTI  from $49.58 to $50.17:  +1.2% (COTI is kept over at Kucoin) VIDT and QNT have been performing exceptionally well in the past few days, especially VIDT, coming out on top with a  +34.7% .  VIDT was first mentioned over at /biz/ and CryptoMoonshots Subreddit around April 2019. Price was ranging around 7-8 cents and the occasional dips